Saturday, November 2, 2013

Playing with Toys

We are headed towards the gift giving and receiving holiday season now that Halloween has come and gone. The number 1 thing (as a parent) that is asked for is toys, toys and more toys. I as a youngster was the same way. Now as an adult or at least my age suggest I am one things are a little different. The toys take on a new forms and take more money to be had. One thing that hasn't changed is my love for sports and sports related "Things." So naturally, toys and my love of the game would come interconnected. Collecting sports cards and sports memorabilia is not a new concept. But when you mesh 2 or more concepts together you get something of a hybrid. In years past I would come across McFarlane figures here and there. Picked some up along the way (of course YANKEES ONLY). Usually I have kept them in the original packaging and displayed them on a shelf to collect dust. Though recently I came across another collectors ingenious idea to combine McFarlane figures with sports cards. When viewing his collection I thought to myself "I have enough figures that maybe I could play around with this novel idea. I broke them out of their packing and set them up. Then I had to search my collection for the card that would fit. But, as playing with toys the task is never done. Changing the card that will be displayed with the figure from time to time. Always looking for a higher quality card a card that in turns brings a higher price tag. I will bring about this so called hobby hybrid as it stands now.
ALEX RODRIGUEZ


ALFONSO SORIANO


ANDY PETTITTE


BABE RUTH


CURTIS GRANDERSON


DEREK JETER


JORGE POSADA


LOU GEHRIG


MARIANO RIVERA


RICKEY HENDERSON


THE CORE 4

No comments:

Post a Comment