Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Baseball Travels

It is well documented if you follow me on Twitter that I rack up some good Highway time to go see some Yankees baseball. The Tampa Yankees are my Home Team so to say. Living in Florida I get plenty of chances to see some version of Yankees baseball. Spring Training, Extended Spring Training, Rays vs. Yankees, GCL Yankees, Tampa Yankees all have been part of my live baseball viewings. This coming week is no exception. Games that I am gearing up for are Tampa vs. Lakeland (July 3rd), Tampa @ Lakeland (July 4th), Tampa @ Brevard (July 6th) & Tampa vs. Dunedin (July 10th).

This is the BREAKDOWN of time on the road to each game:
Tampa vs. Lakeland (July 3rd) 2 hours each way
Tampa @ Lakeland (July 4th) 1.5 hours each way
Tampa @ Brevard (July 6th) 1.5 hours each way
Tampa vs. Dunedin (July 10th) 2 hours each way

If you do the math I spend more or about the same amount of time on the road as I do at the ballpark. When I bring this up to people that ask where we are from or why we do it. I turn and point to my kids. If I have ability to do it why not. Right? They get to meet the future of the team that I grew up rooting for and still do. The players seem to take notice of the time and effort we put in just to see them throw and hit a little white ball.

Sebastian hanging with Angelo Gumbs during a rehab game in Extended Spring Training.
Sebastian with Pineda after his outing during an Extended Spring Training game.
Zander & Sebastian playing catch while waiting around for BP.
Threw out a first pitch with Sebastian in my arms getting to meet Francisco Arcia.
We got to meet David Aardsma after a Spring Training game. He was always great.
Leaving the park after a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment