Monday, July 15, 2013

A Weekend with Alex

Another weekend in Tampa has come & gone. This one just not quite the same. Alex Rodriguez spent the weekend with the boys of the Tampa Yankees. There were mixed emotions around. I for one was excited to see him. (Again) I grew up watching A-Rod out west in Seattle eased back a bit when he went to Texas and was STOKED when he came to the Yankees. As excited as I was I know that there was a guy on the field even more excited then I was.

Chatted up with Corey a few times this off season and one of the thing I found out was the he was a BIG fan of Junior Griffey & Alex Rodriguez. If memory serves me correct those were the 2 hguys he said he would LOVE to STRIKE OUT too.

Friday nights game was rained out due to unplayable conditions. Saturday was looking to have the same ending but Mother Nature held up and just gave us scattered sprinkles. Alex ended up going 0-3 with a run scored in game 1 of the double header. Corey Black and Charley Short combined for a 5 hit SHUT OUT. The young bats came out to plate 10 runs off 10 hits. Alex did sign autographs post game. No surprise to me I have seen him do this enough to not catch me off guard. No so much for others. Alex skipped out on game 2 of the double header but would return for the next day.



Uncle Al did come back out to the park on Sunday after noon. I got to watch him take some BP with Taylor Dugas.
He had a better day going 1-3 2 RBIs 1BB.  His post game signing session was not as smooth this go around though. Dealing with a small bunch A-Rod was annoyed that some fans decided that they were ABOVE EVERYONE else and skipped the line and refused to move back when they were called out by security. So Alex took it upon himself to just leave due to such stupidities. All in all though it was a great weekend. Tampa Yankees went 3-0 in games this weekend and crept back over .500 ball. A-Rod will play for Trenton tonight in Reading.

Corey Black
Mason Williams
A-Rod on deck
Rodriguez at the plate
Tyson Blaser
Peter O'Brien
Gary Sanchez
Alex
 

No comments:

Post a Comment